Decision Quality in Practice
- Is it a decision?
- Whose decision is it?
- Is there a higher level decision (Decision Hierarchy)?
- What factors influence the decision (Influence Diagram)?
Clear Values & Trade-Offs
- The decision criteria
- The trade off value of different criteria
Creative Doable Alternatives
- Facilitate to generate creative, doable alternatives (Strategy Table)
Meaningful. Reliable Information
- Collect unbiased information
- Capture any Uncertainty and Risk
- Capture Logic for inputs
- Build on the past
Logically Correct Reasoning
- Dependency and Influence
- Watch for double counting variables and poor handling of uncertainty
Commitment to Action
- Will there be a decision once the analysis is complete
- Analysis paralysis
- Are resources available to implement the decision